Tuesday, August 28, 2012

I think I Need An Intervention

To all my dear friends out there, HELP!!  I think I need an intervention!  I have been pinning on Pinterest now for about seven or eight months.  It wasn't so bad at first.  I would just glance through the pins, occasionally liking a pin or two.  Days would go by and I wouldn't even give it a thought.  I enjoyed it, but really didn't see what the big deal was all about.

Then, one day I decided to see if I could create a "board".  Being a home based producer who sells on the internet, I thought this could be a great way to get some more exposure.  So, I set about learning how to create my first board.  I called it "My Stuff".  Creative, right?  Well, it turned out to be quite a bit of fun, so I decided to try another one.

I absolutely love to decorate, and so, I decided for my next board to be a place to gather decorating ideas.  I called it "Home".  Still really creative, huh?   I was totally amazed at how many people there were out there with absolutely brilliant ideas that fit my particular style to a tee.  I was on my way.  Suddenly, I was checking in about once a day.  Pinning two or three pins and then off I went to be brilliant at something else like cooking.  COOKING!!  WOW!  I'll bet I could find some great recipes!  Now, I'm up to three boards.  Only this time I decided to get a little more creative with the name.  So, I called it "Yummy Goodness".  I still think it is really cute and make sure to pay plenty of attention to it on a daily basis.  Maybe ever two or three times a day.

So far, I am just having fun.  Then it hits me...I wonder how many awesome pins I am missing while I am doing the dishes, or vacuuming, or cleaning the toilet.  Man, I'll bet there are some great tips for cleaning shortcuts or recipes to make your own cleaners, or even your own bath and body products.  While I am at it, I love DIY projects, so maybe I should make another board for that.  Wait, what about the garden?  I totally need a board for the garden!  I have been wanting to re-do my studio for quite some time, so there is another board I need to make.  Hmmmm....I wonder if I could color co-ordinate my boards so when you click on the page that shows all my boards, it would be totally cute?

Then...It happened...I was totally helpless!  I tried to stop myself, but I just couldn't!  I was up at 3:00am PINNING!  while I waited for the timer to go off on my latest dinner creation, I was pinning tomorrows recipes!  And then, the unthinkable, while I was home alone for an entire week-end....I did it.  It hit me like a ton of bricks...I began BINGE PINNING!  My boards were filling up at lightening speed.  I couldn't stop!  New boards for crap I don't even care about.  Anything just to keep pinning!  Lord help me!  I can't stop! 

Now, here I am, exhausted and in need of a glass of milk and a nappy.  Has anything like this ever happened to you?  Or is it just me...


No comments: